Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lingerie Cake


The next cake I made was for a friends bridal shower. I decided to make a lingerie cake, as that was the theme for the party. This was the first time I covered a cake in fondant and was a little worried about it, but it wasn't that hard at all! I did use store bought fondant to cover the cake, but I made sure to have some yummy icing underneath it. I made the base of the cake out of a 9x13 pan and used cupcakes to make the boobs. I made a template of the shape I wanted and cut the 9x13 cake accordingly. Then I placed the muffins in the appropriate places and shaped them. The I covered the entire cake with icing and used it to help smooth out the details, before placing the fondant on top. Once I covered the cake with fondant, I used ribbon to decorate it, in order to give it a more realistic look. All in all, it only took me an hour to assemble and decorate the cake the morning of the shower, which I thought wasn't too bad, since I'd worked a night shift the night before.

The cake was a big hit at the party. Happy Nuptials Sarah W!

No comments:

Post a Comment