Sunday, April 25, 2010

Harley Motocycles



I was asked to make a cake for a coworkers husband's birthday. Apparently, he is a big Harley fan and has a few motorcycles that he rides frequently. I wasn't quite sure what to do with this cake, so I looked at a few pictures I saw online and pieced my favorite elements into this cake. Making the logo was the most difficult part. I printed out the logo on paper, cut out each letter and shape individually and then used those pieces as my templates to cut the fondant with. Making the logo took around 2 hours, but I didn't even notice the time pass. I made the flames out of store bought fondant (again because it colors easier) and used orange and red food coloring to give it the swirled colors, hoping that it would look more realistic. I free handed cutting out the flames and just put them around the cake to make it look like it was engulfed in fire. While I may not be a motorcycle person, this is still on of my favorite cakes thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment