Sunday, April 25, 2010

Snoopy cake for Kathy



A coworker asked me to make a cake for her daughters birthday. She said that when she was a little girl, her daughters favorite cake had been a Snoopy cake, so we went with that theme again. I searched online for ideas and thought making Snoopy with his dog house and Woodstock would be the most iconic. I used a breadpan to make the dog house and just carved the cake to the shape I wanted. Using store bought fondant, I made the wood slats for the roof and carved lines on the side paneling to make it look a little more realistic. Making Snoopy and Woodstock was easy and didn't take very long. The only disaster I faced was that I orginally covered the cake in white fondant and I thought it needed more color so I emergently made some green and covered the cake with that. Then I added my paw prints and "Happy Birthday Kathy" and it was complete. I have to say it was a really fun cake to make. I hope I get to make more like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment