Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Fire Helmet




I have to say that this is my favorite cake that I've made to date. This was actually just a practice for a future cake that I'll be making for a friends wedding. In fact, its a replica of her fiances fire helmet. I can't take all the credit for the design or figuring out how to make it/put it together. I got a lot of instruction from another blog...DD Pies Slice...She had made a replica of her husbands fire helmet and listed explicit directions on how she made it and put it together. It took me over 6 weeks to get all the pieces and cake out together, but I was very excited with the finished product. My friend who ordered the cake was truly excited about it as well and that was all that mattered to me. Now I have a little over 6 weeks to get started on making the real cake for the wedding and hopefully everything will go as smoothly the next time around too.

No comments:

Post a Comment