Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sex & The City


The same woman that I had made the Snoopy cake for wanted another cake for her other daughters birthday. She told me that she was a very "girly-girl" and liked shopping and clothes. I immediately thought of something "Sex & The City" related, which in turn made me think of shoes since that was something the Carrie always obsessed over. I searched the internet for "shoe cakes" and found one that was a simple round cake with a shoe on top. I liked that idea and based my design off of that. I made the shoe a week ahead of time out of gum paste. I even found a stencil template online! The day before the cake was due I made my round cakes, filled and iced them and then proceeded to decorate them. I decided to go with a pink cake because that is the girliest color there is and added the zebra print for some sophistication. I had some extra edible luster pearls that I added to the shoe and to the cake until I was happy with the final look. All in all it was definitely a girly cake and my friend and her daughter loved it. Yay for another success to add to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment